Welcome to the B98.5FM Bonus prize vault!
Here you can win exciting weekly prizes like a day at the spa, shopping sprees, free gas cards and electronic gadgets including The New iPad. It's easy to play and easy to win.
Enter now to win this weeks prize!
Enjoy the great benefits of being a B98.5FM Web Club Member. You’ll get our free monthly Web Club Connector newsletter chock full of exclusive member only contests, special announcements and so much more. Best of all it’s free and you have our pledge that we’ll never share your information.
Where do you listen to B98.5FM?
Click all that apply.
When do you listen to B98.5FM?
Click all that apply.
Enter your personal prize code now:
Week 1 (April 9th - 15th )
Free Gas for A Month
Week 2 (April 16th - 22nd )
Pretty Spa Day
Week 3 (April 23rd - 29th)
The New iPad
Week 4 (April 30th - May 6th)
$1,000 Instant Cash
OFFICIAL RULES : B98.5FM 80's, 90's or Now Trivia Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the B98.5FM 80's, 90's or Now Trivia Contest (the "Contest") is only open to legal State of Georgia residents who are 18 years or older with a valid Georgia Driver's License or Georgia State Issued ID at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WSB-FM ("Sponsor"), and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. The use of automatic telephone dialing equipment or other software or computer assisted dialing equipment is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Maximum of one (1) entry per person and per household during the Contest Period. The use of multiple identities is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant's entries and may result in participant's disqualification. Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Contest Line (404)741-0985) or for a contestant's failure to reach the Contest Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, overload, busy signals, dropped calls from mobile devices or land lines or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to WSB-FM during the time(s) of the Contest and prior to identifying and accepting the 9th caller, the call-in period affected by the interruption may or may not be replayed at the resumption of service, at Sponsor's sole discretion. Listeners accessing our station audio via IP (eye-pee) connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor will not be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Contest, listeners acknowledge their understanding and agreement to this specific provision within these Official Rules.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. From Monday, April 4, 2012 to Friday, May 4, 2012, Sponsor will select five (5) daily Grand Prize Winners (Monday through Friday ONLY) at the designated times of the Contest – 7:05 a.m., 10:05 a.m., 12:05 p.m., 2:05 p.m., and 5:05 p.m. (E.T.). Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each 9th caller will be declared a winner. The odds of winning a pre-determined amount of money specific to each question depend on the total number of persons attempting to call 404-741-0985 when the cue to call is given.
5. Prize Description. Up to $10,000.00 could be given away each time the game is played as part of the B98.5FM 80's, 90's, or Now Trivia Contest. Each contestant will win a pre-determined amount of money associated with any question that is answered correctly. Even if said contestant answers a question incorrectly, he or she will still win the $98.00 associated with EVERY QUESTION. The $98.00 will NOT be included as additional prize of the pre-determined cash prize if the question is answered correctly.
Limitations: One (1) prize per person and per household every thirty (30) days on any of the Cox Radio Atlanta stations (WSB-AM, WSB-FM, WSBB, WALR, and WSRV).
6. Additional Bonus Prizes. To be eligible to win additional bonus prizes, you must have received a direct mail piece from WSB-FM (B98.5FM) during the Contest Period and have access to a computer and the Internet. To participate, type the URL web address printed on the back of the direct mail piece into an Internet web browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer). Then enter your personal prize code to unlock your prize vault for a chance to win. From Monday, April 9, 2012 to Monday, May 7, 2012, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner each week in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Four (4) Bonus Prizes:
• Week 1: Monday, April 9, 2012 – Sunday, April 15, 2012 - Free Gas for a Month (ARV: $300.00)
• Week 2: Monday, April 16, 2012 – Sunday, April 22, 2012 - Pamper Yourself Pretty Spa Day (ARV: $500.00)
• Week 3: Monday, April 23, 2012 – Sunday, April 29, 2012- The New iPad (ARV: $499.00)
• Week 4: Monday, April 30, 2012 – Sunday, May 6, 2012 - $1,000 Instant Cash (ARV: $1,000.00)
Total ARV of all bonus prizes to be awarded in the Contest: $2,299.00
Odds of winning depend on the number of listeners who receive a direct mail piece from WSB-FM (B98.5FM) and enter their personal prize code online. Maximum one (1) entry per person and per prize code during the Contest Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household every thirty (30) days on any of the Cox Media Group, Inc. Atlanta radio stations (WSB-AM, WSB-FM, WSBB, WALR, and WSRV). The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant's entries and may result in participant's disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor's Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Cash Prizes: Sponsor will notify winners during their initial telephone call to WSB-FM upon verification of their eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. In order to accept a cash prize, winners must complete all necessary paperwork required by Cox Media Group within thirty (30) days of notification to receive a check in the amount awarded.
Bonus Prizes: Potential winners will be notified at the telephone number and/or email address provided at the time of registration with a personal prize code. In order to accept a bonus prize, potential winners must respond to Sponsor's notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice.
To claim a bonus prize, potential winners must personally visit Sponsor's offices at 1601 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30309 within thirty (30) days after notification and must present a valid government-issued photo ID. Office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within ten (10) days of notification.
Sponsor's inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner's failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in the potential winner's disqualification.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT'S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner's irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
9. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
11.Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims. 12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. 13. Sponsor. The B98.5FM 80's, 90's or Now Trivia Contest is sponsored by Cox Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WSB-FM. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Contest at any time. For a list of winners (available after Monday, May 7, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.b985.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winners List/Official Rules" (as applicable), The B98.5FM 80's, 90's or Now Trivia Contest, 1601 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30309. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact the Promotions and Marketing Department of WSB-FM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at 1601 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.